Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Taco Tuesdays, Tornados and Texas Rangers....

Tuesdays are slow here at the Tamale Shop, but I am definitely not alone. According to retailers and those in the know, Tuesday is typically a day where most of us do not eat out, shop or stay in a hotel. I started Taco Tuesdays with the hopes of increasing sales by offering a 1.00 chicken taco. Some Tuesdays it works out, and then there is today! Wow...slow is really not the word to describe today. Blame it on the tornados and the threat of more today, whatever the case, my husband loves it when I bring leftovers home from Taco Tuesday.
I recycle Tuesday's lunch menu into Becky's Ballpark Nachos when the Texas Rangers play at home!  I take the chicken home, add our famous corn chips, some lettuce, tomato and only a mere SPRINKLING of cheese and voila, Becky's Ballpark Nachos. My husband would eat this everyday...in fact he insisted that I make them every Ranger home game. I said not so fast, pal...I don't know who you think you are, but we can switch hit every other home stand. Thus we've started Ballpark Hot Dog Night, where he gets to cook the dogs on the grill.

Just add margaritas and let's play some baseball. Let's go Rangers!

Note to Mother Nature ~ please no more tornados and twisters!  

No comments:

Post a Comment