Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday, Earth Day - Green Tidings to all of you.

What are you doing today to celebrate our beautiful Earth? Going to church for Good Friday, maybe a fish fry tonight?  Oh it is so in vogue to love the earth....to be a Green queen, but what are you doing today, tomorrow - for the rest of your life? 

Back to Green though. Appropriately enough, Green is my favorite New Mexico Chile. Talk about beautiful Earth! New Mexico has stunning mountains and a sky just littered with stars. They look like diamonds on black velvet that you could almost reach out and touch.

Late December 2010 and we brought the snow. First stop, Jemez Mountains and then on to Sante Fe.  We drove in with large snowflakes hitting the windshield and followed the snow plows. The city itself is breathtaking, with the pueblos, the indigo mountains in the background and the bright bright sunshine.

AND - Green Chile Stew. It is what I do when I go to New Mexico. We arrive and all I want is to go eat some Green Chile, then a drink and a walk around the plaza to take in the sights and just breathe in the pinion air. Canyon Road to look at Art. Mass at St. Francis Cathedral.

Then north to Taos - so very cold this year - I never really got warm.  Went hiking. "I  climbed a mountain and then I turned around." Best green Chile stew was in Taos this year.

I am always on the hunt for the very best Green Chile Stew and the best margarita I can find. But New Mexico, you have nothing on us Texans when it's come to a margarita! So what if I eat Green Chile Stew everyday for 5-7 days? No my stomach does not hurt. Their stew is very mild compared to how hot we Tex Mexicans like it. This past December was not the best year for my taste buds. Seems like someone must have ate all the good chili peppers... 

But we will return again next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment