Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bienvenidos and Welcome to my World....

Well here we are....for the few of you who said you would read my blog. This story is dedicated to you.
What stands out for me is the people who walk through my humble door and how they stay with me. In nine years, I can honestly tell you, I have met some INTERESTING people. I have connected with people of all races, all creeds and all sizes. Something brings them in here, and it is not always the tamales. Many times, it is the way I have painted the buidling. It looks like something from Old Mexico, New Mexico or a photograph. Sometimes a referral from a friend, or they know our product and have been to one of the other stores.  And other times it is just plain curiousity.

Somewhere in betweem opening my store and organizing events in Lewisville, I became known as the "Tamale Lady". Now I am not "THE" TAMALE LADY....let's get that straight. I am one of many ladies who peddle tamales. And yes, there are a lot of Tamale Men. Hey my dad is a Tamale Maker. It is on my birth certificate. Listed under occupation...Tamale Maker.  My mom says tamale grease or (graza in Spanish) is in my DNA code. HA-HA. I say....but maybe there is some truth there.

I have been through births, deaths, marriages, divorces, illnesses...But what remains the same is that people love food, like to be treated well and appreciate a smile. Other than delicious fresh tamales, tortillas and other traditonal Mexican fare, I can give you my smile. :) 

See you soon...

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful smile that welcomes everyone (nearly) to be friends! Proud you let me be your friend (and Mark's)!!!!

    Jack Ablon

    ReplyDelete