Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thief of Hearts. This is for you Detective Gomez

What is more of a crime? To take someone's property, their reputation, their life or their love? While listening to some old Madonna that I have loaded on my laptop today, I heard the song "Thief of Hearts". With a great uptempo beat and a "I'm gonna come kick your @$$." vibe, I am really surprised it did not do better.  Reminds of all the type of songs that talk about the topic of another woman honing in on something that does not belong to her.  Who could forget Dolly Parton wailing out "JoLene, JoLene, please don't take my man."  Recently, Carrie Underwood in a couple of her songs addressed a similar topic, the cheater. There is a difference I believe! The man/woman who is not happy in their current situtation and wants some different action. Then there is the  woman who seduces another woman's man and seeks to be a thief of hearts. "Little Miss Thinks she can get what she wants in a blink of an eye." "Please arrest her because what she does is crime"

We want transparency in everything, lately our food ingredients and now our politicians. Today, the former Gubernator, came out with his lies. Ten years of them to be exact. I am wonderging what happened. Please forgive me Maria.  Was there a "thief of hearts" involved, or was there a bored, listless heat seeking (fill in the blank, here)

A friend of mine is a detective on the late night thriller "Cheaters " shot here in the DFW area. That show is addictive. There is an endless supply of people willing to sneak around, lie, cheat, take or break hearts.

An unlikely topic for me, but not really. Transparency is the way I grew up. I lived with a woman (My Mother) who held the belief that the truth was paramount. And no matter how brutal or ugly it could be or get, the truth was absolute.  Hard to live with at times, no doubt, but glad my momma taught me the importance of being honest.  If you ever get to meet me or for those of you who know me already, what you see is what you get. Be careful when you ask me my thoughts or my opinions on something, I will tell you what I honestly think or believe.

The City of Lewisville, Texas and US politics are in a current state of Blurred Vision. Hard to make out what is really going on.  No amount of Visine is gonna help us. Too much sneaking around going on.

Not sure how he manages to do it, but Detective Gomez still believes in love. I do also. But, I am wondering if some people including the former Guv knows what that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment