Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blogs, Frogs and Troggs

Oh me, it's time to blog again. I have one fan who insists on a daily blog, but guess what.....that ain't happening!  When I embarked on this blogging journey, I thought subject matter would be endless and easy. Not so. As a very small business owner, I wear a lot of hats. I know you all have heard that all before....Yawn...but, blogging is down the list of my hierarchy of chores around the tamale shop.

But to Blog or not to blog, I say.

Can't write about Politics ( makes my stomach hurt), Religion is off limits, Can't write about sex. I am happily married and I do not kiss and tell anyways! So today, I am writing about Frogs! What, Frogs, Really? Yes, Frogs. I like them. Yes, I have eaten them. Fried in a skillet. Tasty. Won't do it again though. I have frogs in my backyard. I hate it when I see one run over in the street. I like the baby tadpoles. They are SOOOOO CUTE!  I bought my mom a little frog statuette that had a T-Shirt on it that said "I love my dog". (Cute huh?) I think frogs are essential for the environment, they eat flies and skeeters. I bought some money frogs in China Town in San Fran several years back.  Supposed to make me rich. Not Yet. My Grandma told me Little Mexico used to be called Frog Town by the locals. "Why Grandma?" "Because Mija, there were a lot of frogs everywhere!"   

I love that song "Wild Thing" by the Troggs....I love the line "You make everything Groovy."

Just talk about Tamales is what I should do. By now, most people know, we have great tamales. Hand Made with TLC in Oak Cliff, no preservatives, real corn.

Since 1950.

Taste the Tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment